Aloo Shimla Mirch Curry/ Potato Capsicum Curry
Potato and Capsicum makes a great combination. We have a lot more variety of potato and capsicum recipes e.g. stuffed capsicum with potato filling, Potato Capsicum fry or as Potato Capsicum curry. Aloo Shimla Mirch/ Potato capsicum/ Potato Green Bell pepper curry is vegetarian delight tossed with onion and tomato along with an array of Indian spices.
- 1 large potatoes chopped into cubes
- 1 to 2 green peppers, chopped into cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium chopped onions to make paste and 1/2 onion for sauteing
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 or 1 green chilli (as per taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoons Kashmiri Red chilly powder
- 1 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala/ Kitchen king masala powder
- salt to taste
- 1 handful fresh coriander leaves
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add the 1 medium chopped onions along with green chilly and fry it until onion turns golden (don’t turn it brown).
- Now Add tomatoes and cook it till the tomatoes are softened.
- Keep the pan aside and allow the mixture to cool. Once it cools down, grind it into a fine paste.
- In another pan add 1 tbsp oil and heat it over medium flame. Add cumin seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry it till raw flavor goes away.
- Add the onion tomato mixture paste and cook it for 2 min while stirring in between so that it does’t stick to the pan.
- Now add all the dry spices i.e. turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder , red chili powder and cook for 2 min.
- Now add chopped potatoes, capsicum and onions along with salt and cover the pan. Let it cook till the potatoes turns tender (Stir well in between and add little water if the gravy sticks to the side of the pan and again cook till potato softens).
- Finally, add Garam masala when all vegetables are cooked. Add one cup of water and bring to a boil.
- Now Add coriander leaves for garnishing.
Your Potato capsicum curry is ready to get served with naan or chapati.