After visiting Mexican restaurants couple of times, I fell in love with guacamole. I always have it on sides along with tortilla chips. I was wondering how to make guacamole, so I tried making it at home. Making guacamole is very quick and easy recipe but I tried experimenting the regular recipe with yogurt and it turned out “addictive”. Choosing right avocados is very important to make tasty guacamole.
The tough part of how to make guacamole is to select avocado that is ripen. If you are trying first time, you may find it difficult to choose right avocado. Try to gently squeeze the fruit in the palm of your hand. If it yields on applying gentle pressure then it is ready for immediate use. Avocado is one of my favorite fruits due to its great nutrient value. Avocados are full of fat and most of it is monounsaturated, so it’s really a great thing to consume on a regular basis. While browsing I found that Avocados are also good source of soluble fiber which makes it a healthy choice.
Apart from the health benefits, Avocados are also flavorful. We can use it in various recipes like quick sandwiches, steamed vegetable and quinoa salads.
How to make guacamole -Ingredients
How to make guacamole – step by step method for home made guacamole.
- 2 Haas avocados (peeled and seeded)
- 1/2 Lime (juiced)
- 1 Plum tomato (seeded and diced)
- 1/2 Onion (diced)
- 1/4 Jalapeno pepper (seeded and minced)
- 1/2 tbsp Cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp yogurt
How to make guacamole – step by step method:
- Start with a ripe avocado on a cutting board and cut it lengthwise around the seed until the knife hits the seed. Remove the seed and scoop out the flesh in a bowl. If you find avocado are not ripen enough, soften it by rubbing between your palms. :
- Mash it with the help of a fork or spoon. Based on your preferences, you can coarsely mash it or make it a smooth paste. I like guacamole little chunky.
- Add chopped tomatoes, onions, cilantro in the mashed avocado and mix it well. You can adjust the quantity of these ingredients based on your taste preferences
- Add yogurt and fresh lime juice. Don’t pour too much of lime juice as it can suppress the original taste of the avocados.
- Add Jalapeno and salt as per your taste.
- You can add Cayenne and other spices like cumin to add make it more spicy and tasty.
- Enjoy it with your favorite tortilla chips!! 🙂
You can enjoy it right away or keep it in refrigerator. But before refrigerating wrap it with plastic cover at the top since it gets brown by air contact. Usually Guacamole is served with tortilla chips but If your are health conscious, you can consume it as sides along with steamed vegetables.
Also see : Kidney Bean Recipe
Don’t miss: Sago Pudding