Palak Paneer is healthy and popular Indian Veg recipe. If you don’t like spinach then you should try this yummy recipe and you will start loving it. It is a blend of health and taste, simply made with cottage cheese in pureed palak and other spices.
- 2 bowl spinach (palak ) (250 grams)
- 1 bowl Indian cottage cheese or paneer (100 grams)
- 2 whole cloves / lavang
- 1 medium size onion – finely chopped
- 1-2 green chilly based on your preference
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 large tomato – finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Garam masala
- 1 tablespoon beaten yogurt / curd
- 1/2 inch cinnamon
- 1 Bay leaf
- Salt as per taste
- 1 clove cardamom
- 1 tablespoon oil
Direction for Gravy:
- Boil water in a pan and add spinach into it. Cook until the spinach gets thoroughly wilted. Don’t over cook else color of spinach may turn blackish green. Set it aside to cool down.
Heat oil in a pan, add green chilly and chopped onions. Fry it till onions turn golden brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook till it softens.
- Keep it aside and allow it to cool down so that you can grind it along with spinach. Make a paste of the spinach and the onion/tomatoes.
Direction for Palak Paneer
- Heat oil in a pan and add Bay leaf, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and cumin seeds.
- Once cumin seeds splutters , add spinach paste in it.
- It is time to add all spices turmeric, coriander powder and cumin powder. Mix it well and cook it for 2 to 3 minute on medium heat.
- Now add Curd/yogurt and stir well.
- Add garam masala and salt as per your taste.
- Finally add the paneer cubes and let it cook for 5 mins on low flame.
- Don’t miss togarnish with little cream or cheese
Your Palak Paneer is ready to serve. Enjoy it with roti/ Indian bread or steamed rice.
You can also fry paneer cubes before adding to the gravy.
Instead of yogurt, Fresh cream or cashew (kaju) paste can also be used for gravy.
You may also like :Kadai Paneer Recipe
Don’t Miss :Kidney bean recipes | Rajma Recipe