Parwal Aloo Curry
Parwal Aloo Curry is famous dish ,mostly prepared in northeast part of India. Due to its great taste, it always finds its place during parties or any special occasional. We can prepare this dish in various ways like Parwal with Yogurt , Parwal fry etc.. My favorite is curry one as we can have it with chapati or rice both.
Ingredients (serving for 2) for Parwal Aloo Curry:
- 1 bowl Parwal (250 grams) – chopped lengthwise
- 1 big Potato
- one medium size finely chopped onion
- 2 big size tomato
- 1 green chili
- Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 spoon ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoon Oil for sauteing
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnish
Method for Parwal Aloo Curry:
- Cut the tomatoes and grind it into a fine paste along with green chilly, ginger, garlic paste and keep it aside.
- Peel off the skin of the potatoes and chop it into cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan. Once heated add Parwal and Potaotes and fry till it softens and turn golden. You can also add little salt so that potato can absorb it well. Flip and take out to another vessel.
- Heat oil in the same pan or you can use another pan. Add cumin seeds and allow to splutter.
- Mix chopped onions and saute it till it turns golden brown.
- Now you can add tomato ginger garlic paste along with turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, Kashmiri red chilly powder. Cook the spices on a medium flame till oil shows separately.
- Add fried vegetables. Mix well and cook for half a minute more.
- Now add 1 cup water and stir it well. Check the consistency and add additional water if needed
- Add fenugreek leaves and cook for 4-5 minutes until it boils.
- Switch off the flame and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Delicious Parwal Aloo Curry is ready to serve with chapatti and rice.
Also See: Rajma Recipe