Poha Recipe | Pauwa Bataka
“Are you feeling hungry? Yes but …Ooops You don’t have much time to cook but still want to eat something healthy and filling. ” Whenever I face such situation , I remember my favourite dish poha, a quick , easy and healthy recipe. Poha or Pauwa Bataka is a popular Maharashtrian and Gujarati dish usually served in breakfast or snacks. It is made of flattened rice and kid’s favorite lunch box recipe which is quick and easy to make recipe. Usually onion, flattened rice and potato are major ingredients. If you want it to be more nutritious, add few more vegetables to poha. Let’s start with the quick steps to make colorful poha.
- 1 bowl of flattened rice or pauwa
- 1 small potato
- 1/2 medium size onion – finely chopped
- 1 green chilly – finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon green peas
- carrot – finely chopped into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 6 to 8 curry leaves
- Salt as per taste
- 1 or 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 handful of chopped cilantro or coriander leaves
- Rinse the flattened rice with water in a strainer till it becomes soft and keep it aside in a bowl. Add salt into it and mix it well.
- heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds and allow it to crackle.
- Now you can add curry leaves and green chillies and saute it for half a minute.
- Add chopped potato, green peas , carrot and little salt and fry it for 2 minutes . Make a note that you have already added salt into the poha so adjust the salt to taste then saute it till it softens.
- Add the chopped onions and turmeric and saute till it turns golden brown
- Now add flattened rice and stir it well with the vegetables.
- Last but not least, add lemon juice and coriander leaves.
Don’t Miss: Dahi Parwal curry
Also See : Restaurant Style Kadai Paneer